TRANSFORMERS THE NEXT GENERATION - BOOK II As the hated image of Zurg fades, Lightyear puts in a call to Dead-Eye Duck in the garage hanger bay of StarFox HQ. BUZZ: Dead-Eye, prepare the shuttle for takeoff. And double-check the weaponery systems. We must have total firepower. WILLY: Hold on a second, I know how to fix and repair machines. The StarFox warriors crowd around Lightyear. They know what he will say next. BUZZ: I'll need the best Space Rangers to come with me. Miriam, Sally, Jenny, Fiona and Ninjara. Prepare for takeoff! FIONA & NINJARA: Yes! MIRIAM: Look out Decepticons cause here comes trouble. JENNY: Oh boy, this is going to be fun. SALLY: You said it. At that precise moment the voice of Dead-Eye and Willy come over the intercom system. DEAD-EYE: Big trouble, boss. There's a malfunction in the main engines. WILLY: Shouldn't take less than a second or two to get it functional and online. BUZZ: Get on it right away, we'll stand by. Bucky, Bruiser, Sonia, Fara, Monkey Kahn look disappointed at not going on the space mission but choose not to argue about it. BUCKY: Oh well, there's always next time. BRUISER: Uh-huh... SONIA: At least I won't have to ruin my beautiful figure. FARA: As if... KEN: Anybody got any ideas of what to do? Then Bucky notices Sonia's expression of disappointment and decides to cheer her up. BUCKY: Guess we're stuck here. We'll hold down the fort. SONIA: Like hell... oops, he-he... If only I could do something. FARA: Uh-huh... BRUISER: What did you have in mind Bucky? BUCKY: I believe I saw Al Negator last night. He was hovering over a area south of here, as if he was on a spy mission. This made Sonia, Fara and Bruiser get curious as they implore Bucky to tell them more and he did just that. BUCKY: I figured he was acting as transport for StarWolf...but now I wonder if he is tied into their space plot. Then it was Sonia who came up with an idea as a so-called lightbulb went off inside her brain. SONIA: I have a plan. Let's track down Negator. I bet he's involved in the StarWolf space plot. We can take along the new laser-ignited explosives Willy invented for us. Who knows, maybe we can do more than Buzz in his shuttle. At that same moment both Dead-Eye and Willy report the shuttle is ready for liftoff. Buzz, Miriam, Jenny, Ninjara, Fiona troop out to begin their flight into Earth orbit. Sonia and Bucky exchange excited grins but try not to show it in case Lightyear got suspicious about something going down behind his back. Sonia Hedgehog and Bucky Hare slip out of HQ when Bruiser, Fara, Ken declined to tag along insisting on keeping watch on headquarters with Dead-Eye and Willy that is if both hadn't yet embarked on the space mission with Buzz already. Once outside the two Autobots magically morph into Chevrolet Camaro and NASCAR Plymouth Roadrunner STP #43 and spped off to where Bucky sighted Negator the night before. They wind south around tall trees and over hilly terrain to the area south of headquarters. SONIA: Hey, do you hear something? BUCKY: Sure do, a disturbance tremor in the magic. SONIA: This has nothing to do with Jedi Knights and Sith Lords in Star Wars. BUCKY: Remember, a Jedi's strength flows through the Force. Always beware the elements of anger, hate for they lead to the dark-side. For once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny. SONIA: Very funny, Master Yoda. Both mutants in vehicle forms sit quietly in the midst of towering redwoods. Around them, they hear the whisper of the branches swaying in the wind. But from a distance they can hear evil voices too. The duo magically change back to mutant selves and creep through the forest towards the noise. They reach an opening and gaze down. SONIA: Al Negator! BUCKY: The double-crossing traitor who once worked for us then joined the Toad Empire instead. SONIA: It looks like the MonStars have been working overtime. BUCKY: The control center for StarWolf's space plot. This must be where the jamming device is located. The two StarFox warriors study the layout of the complex. Then Sonia hoists the backpack of laser weapons onto his shoulders as she gestures. SONIA: Let's go. I'll check their security systems. BUCKY: I've already checked it out. Remember, I have the best vision of all the StarFox warriors. And I was in the spy business before you came along. Sonia looks offended at first but chose not to show it. BUCKY: We'll sneak inside right there. The ace-pilot points to a corridor of trees left standing between two sections of the control center. The two Autobots descend into the valley of StarWolf. Sonia gulps - she's just begun to realize how dangerous this plan is. The complex hums with evil dark magic. They dodge from tree to tree through the wooded corridor and into the enemy stronghold. Bucky's light-magic powers guide him safely without being detected by the dark-side. At last they reach the end of the forest cover. Before them lies an open area stripped of vegetation. SONIA: Okay, what now? BUCKY: Hush! Enemy approaching. Both disappear with the aid of their rings in the nick of time as into view strode Lien-Da and Zephyr, discussing StarWolf strategy. ZEPHYR: Takeoff time is in ten minutes. LIEN-DA: The beginning of the end for Team StarFox! One of the MonStars alias Pound (green alien mutant) disguised as a dump truck rumbles by, pulling a trailer full of explosives for Negator. Sonia and Bucky jump aboard still invisible and crouch low under the huge rockets built to destroy them. BUCKY: I hope we don't hit a big bump. SONIA: You said it, dude. This could turn into a dynamite ride. Pound unhitches the trailer inside the cargo bay of Negator's space shuttle disguise. The two Autobots remain in their hiding place finally reappearing once they feel the shuttle lift off the ground. SONIA: Oops, not good. We got company. She whispers to Bucky as four Decepticons come out of a door marked SPACE GEAR. They are outfitted in silver suits and gas masks cover their alien faces. BUCKY: A perfect disguise for us. I just hope those suits come in our own size. SONIA: Come on, the coast is clear. In a few minutes two more disguised Decepticons exit from the SPACE GEAR room. One has the pants legs of his suit rolled up. The other carries the backpack. SONIA: I feel like I'm ready to trick-or-treat. Some kind of Halloween tradition Willy, Hiro and others told me about. BUCKY: Great Scott! Look who's coming. Two more StarWolf terrorists enter the scene from stage left or right so to speak...Kale and his brother Romero. By some miracle they take little or no notice of the suited figures in their midst. ROMERO: Any minute now Zurg will be in control of the entire planet's communication system. KALE: Those foolish mortals would be stupid to try and rebel against the Emperor's rule less they risk being harmed. Then the brothers stride on by leaving Bucky and Sonia alone again. SONIA: Whew, that was a close shave the main said to the barber. They continue their inspection of Negator's shuttle disguise. BUCKY: It's pretty risky wandering around like this. We should find a hiding place and use those weapons. Then he happened to look out one of the porthole windows and saw... BUCKY: Oh my god! It's Anubis! The jackal mutant bodyguard in his disguise of the B1-R missile truck aircraft hovers in the black sky like a giant spider. SONIA: That's not all. There's the StarFox shuttle...and it's flying right into a trap! TO BE CONTINUED...