TRANSFORMERS THE NEXT GENERATION As the sun rose, the three sisters of Ninjara, Fiona and Miriam flew into the sky above headquarters and set course for the hills around the old battlefield. As the place came into view the vixens began scouting the region first in one directions then another direction as they examined every inch of the country for a place where StarWolf could have placed a spy installation. But they found nothing. FIONA: We're getting nowhere fast. Not even a trace of Decepticon anywhere. NINJARA: Yeah, our former gang knows how to hide themselves within the dark-arts. MIRIAM: Hold on, I believe I may have something. I sense evil presence above us, above the planet's atmosphere. FIONA: Huh? NINJARA: How is that possible? MIRIAM: Let's investigate and find out, stay close. Using the light-magic to propel themselves upwards the vixens cleared the atmosphere of Earth and into outer space itself. No doubt about it, this time, there was something big but invisible being detected by the power rings. Zurg stood with his daughter in the Command Center of StarWolf HQ. On the video screens three dots moved slowly. ZURG: What is it? KATE: Autobot patrol...three warriors to be exact, two former members of our clan, the other a StarFox warrior. Now descending back into Earth's atmosphere, contact fading. ZURG: And they did not even know we are spying on them either...hm-hmm-hmmm... KATE: I quite agree, daddy. In an hour or so the refraction shield will be operational. ZURG: Good! The three space stations keep all parts of the planet in view 24/7. We can see every move made by our adversary, no matter how well he thinks he is hidden. And the refraction shields will make the stations invisible. High above Earth, on the edge of space, space station Argos orbited slowly. Its commander Al Negator watched his crew of Cylon Centurions (1978 Battlestar Galactica TV series) and Bio Dreads (Captain Power and the Soldiers of the Future TV series) adjusted the controls that kept the satellite in position. Lights flashed on the control panel, and the voice of Kate O'Donnell came over the speakers. KATE: Stand by for refraction shield activation. 5...4...3...2...1...activating. For a moment, the StarWolf terrorist and robot machines who were watching through the viewing ports saw a flicker of blue light run along the metal structure of the space station. Then Kate's voice spoke again over the speakers. KATE: Activation complete. All stations now invisible to external sensors. AL: Affirmative. Now we can spy on StarFox without their ever guessing where we are. Meanwhile Buzz studied the recordings of Miriam's radar contact. BUZZ: I think that we have found at least part of the answer. There is something up there. Some device which enables the Decepticons to keep watch on us all the time. BUCKY: Don't tell me StarWolf is now using a spy-in-the-sky satellite? BUZZ: No, something much bigger. Bot out of visual range. Someone must investigate who can go farther than StarFox. SALLY: And that is a job Nicole can handle. Seconds later Nicole sent forth one of her spy probes into the blackness of space. Within seconds she picked up a radio signal on StarWolf's wavelength. Then another signal followed soon after. There was nothing to be seen, but there was a continuous flow of radio transmissions. Some were from StarWolf headquarters, but the others were from space. Nicole recorded everything then returned to base. Lightyear listened to Nicole's report, then Monkey Kahn analyzed the recordings of the radio messages. KEN: You were right, boss. This is no ordinary spy-in-the-sky. We're talking now about full-scale orbiting space stations - three to be exact. They are so carefully positioned that there is no part of the Earth's surface which escapes the eyes of the Decepticons. They must have some sort of shielding system that makes them invisible. BUZZ: They must be destroyed at all cost. KEN: That will be difficult, if not impossible. We do not have the capability for a frontal assault in space. BUZZ: We could give it a try just the same. Then it was Willy DuWitt who came up with a solution when he said. WILLY: When I was a little boy, my parents used to tell me stories. One of my favorites was a terran man who had two enemies. They were giants, and he was helpless to do anything. But he tricked the giants into thinking that each had attacked the other, and as a result, they killed each other. Couldn't we do something the same with the space stations? FARA: I don't think we could trick the Decepticons into fighting each other. But, you've given me an idea. Perhaps they can be made to destroy their own space stations. Stick around, we'll need your assistance. WILLY: Yes sir! BUZZ: So what is this plan? FARA: Give me some time to think it over. It's going to take a lot of hard work and ingenuity. TO BE CONTINUED...