Hounds of War Author Psykorabbit2000 Sce;ne 1 Aldebaran Royal palace QUEEN KATRINA is sitting on the Throne, reading over some paper work. On a table beside her is a large stack of papers. She looks up and rubs her eyes. Queen Katrina (quietly) ”So many sightings, so many attacks. Are the legends true? Is the bearer of the title Kinjite the harbinger of the Great Purge?” She gets up and walks over to the window and looks out at the quiet night. She watches as Royal Guards and Emblem Assassins walk along the walls of the palace. She turns as the door opens and COBRA walks in. He bows to her and looks up. Cobra (calmly) ”IF the attacks are to come, we are all set. Emerald will accompany you in your quarters.” Queen Katrina (nodding) “And my grand daughter?” Cobra (nodding) ”She has double the number of guards. I would assign more to you, but I trust my wife and I know her skills.” Queen Katrina looked at the alien before her. He was once fully human. Since his arrival in the Aniverse, Cobra’s body had undergone a change over the years. He now seems to look more tiger like and has developed a thin fur coat over his body. Queen Katrina nodded. Queen Katrina (looking out the window) “And where will you be posted at, Assassin Cobra?” Cobra (quietly) ”I will be patrolling the hall of your quarters and Princess Felicia’s quarters. IF someone tries to sneak through them, I should be able to catch them.” They both turn as EMERALD steps through the doors. She is wearing a form fitting silk body suit of smoky grey and has twin swords on her hips. She steps beside Cobra and bows to Queen Katrina. Emerald (gently) ”Your Majesty, it is getting late.” Queen Katrina nodded and looked at the couple before her. She smiled and turned to the door. Emerald looked at Cobra. Emerald (kissing him on the cheek) ”Be careful tonight, my love. I have a bad feeling.” Cobra nodded and turned to walk the halls. Emerald watched him for a second and followed Queen Katrina. Unseen to any of them, as the moon slowly rose, it began to change color. Scene 2 Kinjite’s House Atlantis KINJITE is sitting on the front porch of his house. HE is watching the moon slowly glide across the sky. OLDER ALLURA steps out, with a small bundle in her arms. She sits beside Kinjite. Kinjite (looking at her) ”You should be sleeping. The birth wasn’t easy and you know Andrew is going to worry.” Older Allura (nodding) ”I know, but I couldn’t sleep. Eliza’s crying was keeping me up and I was afraid she would wake Aaron. So I thought I would see what was going on. Mom told me you were out here. Is everything alright?” Kinjite smiled as he heard the squeaking mewling sound coming out of the bundle. Older Allura looked down and smiled at the kitten’s face that stared up at her with wide eyes. The kitten’s fur was silverish brown and her eyes were steel blue. Older Allura (gently stroking the kitten’s face) ”She has so much energy, were Aaron is so quiet. They seem to be opposites of each other.” Kinjite gently touched the nose of his grand daughter. Older Allura gently handed the bundle to him. He took it and gently rocked her back and forth. Kinjite (smiling) ”You and Andrew have been together for only a year and you bring us a set of twins.” Older Allura (smiling) ”Yeah, I think we will stop there though. Late nights are a pain, trust me.” Kinjite nodded and looked up at the moon, while rocking the baby. He suddenly stopped and stared at the moon in shock. Older Allura looked up and stopped. Kinjite (stunned) ”You see that, right Allura?” Older Allura (shocked) ”I see it, but I don’t believe it.” High up in the sky, the moon was hovering over them. When it had started its rise, it was an almost crystal blue, but now it shined a crimson red. Scene 3 UAC Building Genus BUCKY and JENNY were walking down the hall, talking about the last patrol, when ENGINEER MIKE ran up to them. Mike (gasping) ”Fritz … wants to see….you! Now!” Bucky and Jenny looked at each other and headed towards the Chairman’s office. FRITZ looked up as they entered. Fritz (pointing to chairs) ”Bucky, Jenny, sit.” (he waits while they sit) ”We have a problem in the making. Do you remember the war that we waged to retake Genus?” Jenny (nodding) ”Yes, it involved the Atlantean and Aldebaran armies as well as the Warren one. Why?” Fritz pushes a button and a map slides down, revealing most of the Aniverse, including the Toad Home World. Several red marks appeared on the map. Fritz (quietly) ”I am also guessing you two remember what happened during that battle. A chasm opened up and demonic forces came through it. Our scientist gathered some of those energy readings and we have kept an eye out for them, in case they returned.” He taps the red marks and Jenny and Bucky’s jaws drop as they realized what he meant. Fritz (continuing) ”We have also noticed that he largest collection of them is around Atlantis and Aldebaran. Do you know why, Jenny?” Jenny (swallowing hard) ”The only legend I know of is the Great Purge.” Bucky (looking at Jenny) ”What is the Great Purge?” Fritz (sitting in his chair again) ”It is a war between two ancient races. One of the demon realms and one of the mortal realm. IT comes through every thousand generations, providing the demon realms haven’t won. Isn’t that right Jenny?” Jenny (nodding) ”Yes, Chairman. The Aldebarans speak of the Great Purge in the Ancient Archives. It is said that a male of power will be born to mark the start of the Purge though.” Bucky (catching on) ”What about Lance?” Jenny (shaking her head) ”No, the male will be an Aldebaran. The male of power will be born and his guardian will step forward. They will wage a war against the First of the Blades to determine if the realms will stay separate or if the demon realm wins and takes over the mortal realms.” Fritz (nodding) ”That is right. I think you know who the male is, Jenny. I suggest you go find him and get ready. We still need to find out who the guardian is as well.” Jenny nodded and sat silently. Jenny (thinking) Fritz studied her and sighed. Fritz (firmly) ”Get going. Jenny will take charge of this mission, since she has the most knowledge of the situation. Dismissed.” Bucky and Jenny both stood up and saluted. They turned and walked out the door. Bucky looks at Jenny. Bucky (worried) ”What is the plan, Jen?” Jenny (quietly) ”We need to head to Aldebaran.” Scene 4 Aldebaran Royal Palace night time Cobra is walking along the halls. His footsteps are making no noise and he passes by doors as quietly as a shadow. His eyes are scanning all around. Cobra (thinking) He slips down a hall, silently. In the Queen’s Quarter Queen Katrina is lying on her bed, sleeping fitfully. Emerald is in the shadows watching and waiting patiently. Her eyes dart to a darker corner as she hears a scrape. She sees a hunched form emerge from the shadow and she slowly pulls out a curved long dagger. In the halls Cobra stops by a window and glances out. He spots the moon and his jaw drops in recognition of its meaning. He suddenly spins around and bolts down the hall. As he runs, he hears a blood curling scream from outside. In the Queen’s chamber Emerald was ready to pounce when she heard the scream. She glanced over and heard the lunge. She reacted without thinking and collided with a solid object in mid air. They fell to the ground, claws and blades slashing as they went. She rolled to her feet and kicked out with her left foot. The figure shot across the room and smashed into a set of shelves. Queen Katrina was sitting up in her bed and pulling back against the wall. The figure stood up and revealed itself to be a twisted demonic figure. It stood there glaring at Emerald. Demon (hissing) ”Your soul will fuel the Forge for a long time, warrior!’ Emerald (eyes narrowing) ”Only if you are good enough to take it!” The demon lunged forward, but the door splinted behind Emerald. A large section shot over her shoulder and smashed into the demons face, knocking it to the ground. Cobra came through and slid to a stop in between the demon and Emerald. The demon stood up and sneered at Cobra. Demon (hissing) ”Another soul for fuel!” Cobra whipped the blades Kinjite gave him around into fighting positions. The Demon stopped and backed up at the sight of them. Its eyes widening in shock and fear. Demon (horrified) ”The Cursed Blades!? They are supposed to be destroyed!” It suddenly vanished in a puff of smoke. Cobra looked at Queen Katrina and Emerald. Cobra (firmly) ”Get dressed! The Palace is under an attack!” On Atlantis Kinjite is lying in bed beside AYAMI. He is wide awake and staring at the ceiling. Suddenly his ear twitches and he sits up. Just as he sits up, a lance of pure blackness springs up through the bed, barely missing him. Kinjite grabs Ayami and leaps from the bed. HE spins as they land and sets Ayami on the floor, now that she is awake. A demon with multiple limbs crawls out from under the bed and leaps towards them. Kinjite launches several tendrils and catches the limbs. He lunges forward and his fist tears into the flesh of the demon’s chest. In a quick yanking motion, he tears the heart and lungs from the demon. It drops to the ground and vanishes in a puff of smoke. Ayami (stunned) ”What was that about?!” Kinjite (quietly) ”The Great Purge has begun!” Scene 5 Aldebaran Palace Cobra is running down the hall, with Emerald and Queen Katrina behind him. There is sounds of fighting from outside. Emerald (while running) ”What are the orders!?” Cobra (running) ”Yours are the same as before! Protect the Queen!” Emerald (running still) ”And you!?” A large ogre demon smashes through the wall and stand before them. Cobra (raising his blades) ”Kill anything in your way!” He lunges forward as the demon lunges. Atlantis Kinjite flips over the rail and lands on the main floor of his house. A skeletal demon lunges from a shadow. Its head is torn off by a spinning hell kick and the body collapses. Kinjite (yelling) ”Alluras and Andrew!” YOUNGER ALLURA runs from her sisters’ room, shortly followed by Older Allura and ANDREW. Younger Allura and Andrew are carrying a bundle each. Younger Allura (looking around quickly) ”What’s going on, Dad?” Kinjite walks over and yanks open the front door. On the outside is a stunned Imp demon. A solid kick and it is sent streaking across the ground. Kinjite turns to the others. The three females are wearing robes and Andrew is bare from the waist up, like Kinjite. Kinjite (firmly) ”An ancient war has started. WE need to reach the Cathedral in the Palace. Andrew and I will run defense for you three!” Andrew nods and hands his bundle to Older Allura. She nods and Kinjite heads out the door. Scene 6 Aldebaran Palace Cobra ducked as the giant fist smashed into the wall. His blade flashed and the ogre stumbled back, with blood spewing from a stomach wound. Cobra lunged forward and buried the sword in its chest. He whipped around and severed the ogre’s head and shoulders from the rest of its body. He spun and lunged for the door and rolled across the ground, barely dodging small streaks of black fire. He rolled up to his feet and ducked behind another door. Emerald slammed the door shut and felt four solid thumps against it. She looked at Cobra, searching for any wounds, relieved to not see any. Emerald (panting slightly) ”Now what? I just heard the Temple was hit hard and suffered severe causalities.” Cobra (nodding) ”I see. We do as planned and get the Queen to a place to hide.” Queen Katrina (worried) ”What about Felicia?” Cobra (looking at her) ”Plans were sent into motion before I came through your door. She is already off world and on her way to Atlantis to take shelter at the Cathedral.” Queen Katrina nodded and looked around the room. It was completely enclosed with no windows or other doors. Cobra (grumbling) ”We would have to end up in a storage room.” (looks at the Queen) ”Do you know of another way off this planet. I am guessing that within the first twenty minutes, the launch pad was either taken or destroyed.” Queen Katrina (fear in her voice) ”If that is true, then how did my grand daughter get off world?” Cobra (looking around) ”She is in my fighter right now with four guards.” Emerald slapped her self on the forehead and looked at him. Emerald (glaring) ”You weren’t planning on getting off this planet, were you?” Cobra (quietly) ”I am a soldier. It is my job to fight and defend the Palace of Aldebaran.” Emerald opened her mouth to say something, but the Queen stepped in. Queen Katrina (firmly) ”Can you get us to the Throne Room. I am sure Thomas can get us off the planet. He has in the past.” Suddenly the shook with an impact and Cobra looked at it. Cobra (looking around) ”I guess we start by going out the back door!” Emerald (trying not to yell) ”What back door!?” Cobra (turning to the back wall) ”This one!” With that, he lunged forward and smashed through the wall, creating a hole. Emerald grabbed the Queen’s arm and pulled her along behind him. Atlantis Kinjite flipped over through the air and landed on his back. He could feel the blood splattered across his chest and looked up. The towering demon was charging down at him. Kinjite quickly spun around and up to his feet. He slammed a fist into the demon’s chest and sent it flying backwards. He turned and bolted for the Palace. He could see Andrew and Ayami in the gate. Kinjite (yelling) ”SHUT THE PORTCULLIS!” Andrew nodded and grabbed Ayami’s shoulders, pulling her back. Ayami began to struggle and tried to stay, but moved when she heard the portcullis begin lowering. Kinjite ran even harder and heard the sounds of demons quickly approaching him from behind. As he neared the gate, Kinjite dove and slid across the ground. He twisted his body around and barely rolled under the closing portcullis. He sat up and pulled his tail through, just as it shut. Ayami ran up and caught him in a tight hug. A male in battle armor walked up and saluted them. Kinjite (panting) ”What…is our…status, Captain?” Captain of the Guard (worried) ”We were able to get eighty percent of the population in through the four gates, before we were forced to close them, Master Oni Lance. It doesn’t look good. The attacking force doesn’t seem to run out of troops and they are pouring from the night itself.” Kinjite slowly stood up and brushed off. Kinjite (looking around) ”Any word from Aldebaran?” Suddenly a slender female ran forward and wrapped her arms around him tightly. Kinjite looked down and barely recognized Felicia. Kinjite (gently pushing her back to arms length) ”Where is Katrina?” Felicia (tears running) ”The Palace was attacked! Cobra gave the order for my guards to get me here! I lost three of them on the way and the fourth was badly wounded! I haven’t heard anything from Grandmother or anyone else!” Kinjite nodded and turned to say something to Ayami. Suddenly several small black spears shot through the air and stuck Ayami in the back. Several Atlanten Guards lunged onto a porcupine type demon and quickly tore it to shreds. Kinjite barely caught Ayami as she slumped to the ground. Captain of the Guard (spinning and shouting) ”MEDIC AT THE NORTH GATE!!” Kinjite slowly sank to his knees, holding her as he felt the blood flowing from the multiple wounds and the tears flowing from his eye. Scene 7 Space, Aldebaran Jenny looked as she saw her home world come into view. There were clumps of demons everywhere, even in the upper atmosphere. Jenny (stunned) ”Oh my stars!” Bucky looked at her then hit a comm. button. Bucky (yelling) ”Dead Eye, cut us a path!!” Dead Eye (over the radio) ”Aye, aye, Captain!” The barrel swung around and began firing rapidly, cutting demons down as the shuttle streaked to the planet surface. At the Palace Several spheres of fire slammed into the Palace walls. The Palace shook with each impact. Cobra staggered along and pulled out a comm.. He pushed a series of numbers and activated it. He looked at Queen Katrina and Emerald. Cobra (quietly) ”Final retreat has been ordered.” Emerald swallowed and gently put an arm on his arm. Queen Katrina (confused) ”Final retreat?” Emerald (quietly) ”Run from a losing war and hide where ever you can. It means the Emblem Assassins have…failed.” Cobra (looking at the two females) ”We still have an order to fulfill. That is getting the Queen out of here!” They ran into the Throne room. Queen Katrina quickly ran over and pushed on a panel. The wall behind the throne slid open and they ran down it. Queen Katrina (quietly) ”The last time we came this way, Shar was killed holding the exit for us.’ Cobra gritted his teeth and ran along, keeping the Females close by. The ground continued to shake as they ran. Suddenly several figures leaped out of the shadows and Cobra spun around and threw a punch. With a mere second to spare, he stopped his fist in mid flight, a mere few centimeters from TOMMY’s face and Tommy’s fist was a mere few centimeters from Cobra’s face. Cobra (not lowering his fist) ”Prince Thomas I am assuming?” Tommy nodded and lowered his fist. Emerald gently put an arm on Cobra’s arm and he lowered it. She turned to Tommy. Emerald (a quick bow) ”Prince, do you have a way to get your mother off this planet?” Tommy looked at the two of them and then to Queen Katrina. Tommy (irritated) ”I was coming to see if you had a way off! Our shuttles were taken out!” Cobra (muttering) ”Great.” Suddenly the ground shakes again and cracks began to spread along the wall. From down the tunnel came the sounds of pursuers and Cobra looked at Tommy. Cobra (drawing his swords) ”Get them out of here!” With that, he turned and lunged at the first demon to step around the corner. Tommy grabbed Queen Katrina’s arm and Emerald’s arm, pulling them both down the hall. As he ran, he spoke into a headset mike. Tommy (yelling) ”Ponce! Send out a distress signal! I’m coming back with others!” Skies above Aldebaran The Valkyrie flipped around and the maser cannon took out a couple more demons. It streaked over the ruined Palace. Jenny felt a sharp pain in her heart at the sight of the Palace in flames, smoke, and rubble. Jenny (worried) ”Mother?” Bucky looked over and saw her put a paw on the window, as they flew by the Palace. He was about to say something when the radio came on. He quickly looked at it and nodded. Bucky (quickly) ”We have survivors hiding in Tommy’s base!” Jenny quickly turned her head as Bucky punched in the course. In the Tunnels Tommy was racing with Queen Katrina and Emerald behind him. Suddenly his headset crackled. Ponce (over headset) ”WE have a way off! Captain Bucky and Jenny are on their way!” Tommy (smirking) ”Go fig. Aldebaran is going to hell in a hand bag and Sis’ shows up with her boyfriend!” Suddenly the wall exploded outward from pressure and Queen Katrina was knocked to the ground and some rocks landed on her. Both Tommy and Emerald slid to a stop and spun around, lunging to her. They quickly began to pull the rocks off. Suddenly the ceiling cracked and exploded as well. A large chunk of rock came streaking downward towards them. Emerald quickly threw Tommy onto Queen Katrina and covered them both with her body. There was a loud thud as the rock struck a hard object and Emerald opened her eyes. The rock had stopped a few inches above her head and she looked around. Her eyes opened wide as she saw Cobra in a bent kneeling position, with his arms outstretched, with the rock sitting on top of his shoulders. Cobra (through gritted teeth) ”Get…them….out…of…here!!” Emerald grabbed both Tommy and the Queen. She physically dragged them out from under the rock. As soon as they were clear, the rock shifted and seemed to hop upwards. Cobra dove out and rolled to his feet, as the rock smashed down. Tommy just stood there stunned, as well as Queen Katrina. Cobra (gasping) ”Let’s…go!” He turned and began walking down the tunnel again. Scene 8 Medical Facility, Atlantis Kinjite is sitting in a chair, by the operation room. Beside him are Felicia and Younger Allura. Kinjite is curled up and crying into his arms. Kinjite (crying) ”Not again!” Felicia gently put an arm on his shoulders and looked at Younger Allura. Felicia (concerned) ”What does he mean, not again?” Younger Allura (quietly) ”Mom was severely wounded once before. A male Aldebaran named Dante used some claws and tore her stomach open. She was barely healed from that one. Now this involves demonic magic and we’re not sure.” Felicia nodded and gently stroked Kinjite’s hair, trying to reassure him. In the operating room TENCHI OTACON wiped the blood from his paws and sighed. A nurse stepped up beside him. Nurse (quietly) ”How bad is it?” Otacon (quietly) ”It doesn’t look good. I’ve done what I can and we can do now is wait.” The nurse nodded and began picking up tools Otacon wiped his brow and turned to the door. In the hall Kinjite immediately looked up as Octagon stepped out. Kinjite stood up and grabbed Octagon by the arms. Kinjite (worried) ”How bad is it?” Octagon (quietly) ”I’ve done what I could.” Kinjite slowly let go and dropped to his knees on the floor. Older Allura and Andrew stepped through the door in time to hear the reply. She buried her face into Andrew’s shoulder. Younger Allura sat where she was, stunned as was Felicia. Octagon slowly walked out of the room and the door shut behind him The room sat there in silence for a few seconds. Then it happened. Kinjite smashed his fist into the ground, shattering the floor and creating a spider web across the hall. He kept pounding the floor, even as his paws began to bleed. He threw his head back and a scream ripped out of his throat. Everyone stepped back in fear as he erupted into flames. He brought both fists smashing down at the same time and the windows exploded outward in a spray of pulverized glass. Younger Allura slowly crawled out of the pile of chairs and looked at her dad, who was crying on the floor. Felicia slowly crawled out as well and stood by Younger Allura. Felicia (quietly and concerned) ”Kinjite? Are you going to be alright?” Kinjite slowly lifted his head and looked at his reflection on the surface of a tipped over cart. He slowly reached up with bloodied paws and pulled the head gem from his forehead. He dropped it on the floor and quickly pulled off the other gems as well. He slowly stood up, not looking at Felicia. Kinjite (quietly, over his shoulder) ”I am not Kinjite anymore. Nor am I the defender your grandmother thought I was. I am no longer bearer of the Gems of Darkness.” He walked through the doors and they swung shut behind him. Andrew and Older Allura stepped back through the other doors and saw the gems in a pile. Andrew (quietly) ”Now what do we do? Kinjite has denounced his place in the war, just as we needed him the most.” Younger Allura looked at the gems and then at the doors her dad had walked through. She quickly found a bag and put the gems in it. She handed the bag to Older Allura. Older Alura (worried) ”Now what are you planning?” Younger Allura (quietly) ”Dad’s spirit has been broken. The torch has to be passed on. You have children to care and worry about. That leaves…me.” With that, Younger Allura turns and walks out the doors as well. Scene 9 Tommy’s Base, Aldebaran The reaming felines quickly climbed into the Valkyrie. Queen Katrina was escorted on by Emerald and Tommy. Cobra was the last to climb onboard. He looked at Bucky and Jenny. Cobra (nodding) ”We need to get to Atlantis. Princess Felicia is already there. Can you make it there?” Bucky (nodding) ”If that is where we need to go to end this.” Jenny (quietly) ”I hope we can end this.” The shuttle quickly lifted up and rotated around. It flew out the landing bay doors and streaked into space. In the place of darkness Ahsika and Akisha are standing watching a sphere of light. Kinjite is on the sphere, sitting by Ayami’s bed. Akisha (quietly) ”Is there any way we can help?” Ahsika (shaking her head) ”No, sister. We are bound the Celestial System. This is a battle that only the mortals can fight there can be no divine intervention.” A few moments go by in silence and Akisha smiles. Akisha (hopefully) ”We can’t intervene, but I know a group who can help them out.” Ahsika looked at her for a moment and caught on. Ahiska (nodding) ”They aren’t bound like we are. Send them, discreetly though.” Scene 10 Abaddon, Home of the Devils VLADIMIR smiled as he surveyed the battles his soldiers were in. He laughed at the sight of the destroyed Aldebaran Palace on a sphere of black flames. Vladimir (Triumphantly) ”I told that black cat that it was the start of the Age of Demons!” The image changed and shoed Kinjite sitting at Ayami’s beside. Vladimir (smiling) ”And he is broken now. He has given up the Gems of Darkness and the only hope of that realms survival! All that is left is the Male of Power and his Guardian!” He threw his head back and laughed evilly. TO BE CONTINUED IN FLAMES OF WAR