Fallen Angel Author Psykorabbit2000 Scene 1 Laboratory, alternate dimension The DOCTOR was walking down the hall. Two other men in uniforms fell in step beside him. Man #1 (calmly) ”Docotor Ochra, is Project C.O.B.R.A. Ready yet?” Docotr Ochra looks up from his folder and nods. Doctor Ochra (proudly) ”He is already finished. We just finished running the last of his test runs about fifteen minutes ago. If you want to see him, follow me.” Both men nod and follow Doctor Ochra through a door. They enter a small room with a desk and chairs. Along one wall is a large glass window. They see a man with jet black hair and wearing a tight body suit made from black cloth. He stands five foot tall. Doctor Ochra motions to the chairs and the men sit down. They watch the other man walk around and lay on a bed. Man #1 (cautiously) ”Can he hear us?” Doctor Ochra (shaking his head) ”No, this is a sound proofed room. He doesn’t even know we are in here. One way transparent aluminum.” Man #2 (nodding) ”I see. Now tell us about your results with him.” Doctor Ochrea nods and pulls out a folder. He sits it on the desk and flips it open. Doctor Ochra (calmly) ”To tell you the truth, Cobra here has exceeded all of our expectations. He has even reached the same level as his predecessor project A.W.I.K did. The lost of A.W.I.K. set us back several years worth of study, but Cobra has made up for them.” Man #1 (curous) ”You speak as if his project name is his name. Why?” Doctor Ochra (nodding) ”One of our lab techs started it and we saw that he responded to it very well. So the rest of us started it As for the results, it boggles even my mind at the results. His grip has the capability to crush most military padlocks and chains. His reaction time is so fast, we almost had to measure it in nano seconds. After restructuring the prototype skeletal structure, he can take a thirty story fall with minimal bruising. We had to make a few minor modifications to the DNA sequence, but they were marginal. It only caused a few minor problems within the body, but nothing that would impair him in anyway.” Man #2 “What kind of problems?” Doctor Ochra (flipping through a few pages) ”His skin has developed scales here and there as well as patches of a fur like hair on parts of his torso and the back of his neck.” Man #1 (confused) ”Scales and fur?” Docotor Ochra (nodding) ”We were forced to use some strands from animals that closely matched what we were looking for. They don’t interfere with his skills at all and they don’t seem to be growing anymore.” Man #2 (nodding) ”Fine. What about his offensive capabilities?” Doctor Ochra (nodding) ”His internal arsenal is linked to a microscopic reactor stored in his stomach. It was designed to run off of any food he can eat. Through his nervous system runs microscopic wires to power his weaponry. He has an anti-armor laser in his calves, designed to aim out of the heel of his foot. Its primary design is for taking out armored structures and vehicles from above. It can be fired when he is lying down on the ground as well. In his pinkies are twin lasers designed for detail cutting. Strong enough to punch a two centimeter hole through an inch of titanium in a few seconds. In the palm of his right hand is a laser emitter, designed for anti-personnel firing.” Man #2 (nodding) ”Good, what about his own punches and kicks?” Doctor Ochra (Taking of his glasses) ”That is were he surprised us. A.W.I.K.’s punches exceeded eighteen hundred psi and his kicks exceed twenty four hundred psi. Cobra is at seventeen hundred psi and twenty three hundred psi.” All three men look through the window and watch the small man lying on the bed. He is laying on his back and tossing twin bladed knives in the air and catching them repeatedly. Man #1 (looking at the Doctor) ”So what is the greatest difference between him and the other one?” Doctor Ochra (closing the folder) ”Cobra hates killing, but will do so quickly if forced. A.W.I.K. enjoyed killing people and we had him destroyed by the military.” Man #2 (calmly reaching into his pocket) ”I have one other question for you doctor. With that hardware in him, how does he aim?” Doctor Ochra (looking through the window) ”We wired a small computer into the base of his cerebrum. It is wired into his vision. He has four different types of vision, as well as a laser targeting grid in his eyes. His weapons are linked to the grid. The four types of vision are infra red, ultra violet, electromagnetic and x-ray.” The two men nodded and looked at each other. Man #2 pulls his hand out of his pocket and reveals a blaster. He aims at the Doctor. Doctor Ochra (jumping to his feet) ”What are you doing?! If you fire that here-!” The blaster suddenly fires and the Doctor drops to the ground holding his chest. The two men stand and begin approaching him. In the other room Cobra suddenly sits up when he hears the shot. His head snaps around and focuses on the wall that leads to the other room. He leaps from his bed and lunges at the wall. His fist slams into he wall and it explodes due to the amount of pressure. Both men spin around and see a black blur streak into the room, scoop up the scientist and smash through the door. Man #2 (spinning around) ”What the hell!? He didn’t say anything about that thing being able to hear nor do stuff like that!” Man #1 (running to the ruined door) ”That’s because you shot him before he could say anything else!” They both run out the door. Down the hall Cobra slides to a stop and gently set the doctor down. He looks down at the wound. Doctor Ochra looks at him and nods. Ochra (weakly) ”Cobra, I want you to listen to me. I was worried they would try this.” (pulls a small disc out of his pocket) ”Slide this into your neural net processor unit. It will download the last few programs we were going to test you with. Your system is running at only seventy-five percent. These codes will allow you to run at maximum efficiency. Understand?” Cobra takes the tiny disk and looks at it. He nods to the doctor and a small slit appears under his Adams apple. He slides the disc in and the slit disappears. Cobra (quietly) ”Now what do we do, Doctor?” Ochra (smiling) ”I always forget how quiet and gentle your voice is.” (coughs up blood) ”I want you to go to the Delta room. Activate the porthole generator and set it for random factor. When it is open, dive through! Once they find out you have your emotions and memory of your ancient arts, they will try to erase them! It won’t stop them, but the random factor will slow them down immensely! In the lockers in the Delta room is your equipment pack. Take it and go!” Cobra nods and starts to pick up Ochra. He shoves Cobra back. Ochra (coughing up blood) ”Cobra, I am a dead man! Leave me and go! That is a direct order!” Cobra nods and stands up. He hears the rapidly approaching footsteps. He turns and darts down the hall, quickly becoming a blur. In the Delta room The door silently slides open and Cobra slips in, shutting it behind him. He walks up to a locker and rips it open, tossing the door aside. He pulls out his pack and slings it on his back. He reaches in and pulls out a hooded shirt. He holds it up and studies it for a second. It is jet black with a metal head band above the opening for his eyes. He quickly rolls it up and stuffs it into the pack. He runs over and begins punching buttons. There is a hum and a grey mist appears between two poles. Cobra nods and runs back to the door. He grabs the frame and bends it inward, jamming the door shut. He takes a step back and sees the handle begin rattling. Suddenly there is a banging on the door and it rattles a little. Cobra turns and sees the porthole open. Cobra quickly runs towards it and dives through. A few seconds later, the smashes open and the men run in. One of the runs over to the controls and scans them. Man #1 (panting slightly) ”Where did he go?” Man #2 (angrily hitting the panel) ”Damn it! He activated the Random factor!” (he turns to Man #1) ”He could have ended up in any of the three hundred alternate dimensions that the porthole cycled through in the last thirty seconds! Even if he is found, he is to strong for us to handle by normal procedures!” Man #1 (nodding) ”I know. Find him and I will start the procedure and paperwork to reactivate A.W.I.K.” Man #1 turns and leaves the room. Scene 2 Valkyrie, on patrol CAPTIAN BUCKY O’HARE and FIRST MATE JENNY are sitting in the cramp cockpit. The frigate is flying along a patrol route. Bucky (muttering) ”Didn’t take long for the UAC to put us back on patrol.” Jenny (nodding) ”Well, we aren’t construction workers. Nothing for us to do on Genus while they are rebuilding.” Bucky nods and the frigate flies along quietly. Suddenly there is a crackling sound and a loud thump from below. Bucky looks at Jenny and she stops the frigate. They both climb down the ladder and meet with DEAD EYE as he comes out of the Gunnery Pod. They walk into the main area and see a crouched figure in the corner. It quickly turns to them and its eyes narrow. Jenny (shocked) ”That looks like a-!” Suddenly the figure leaps from its crouched position. It flips through the air and barely clips Jenny on the shoulder as it goes by. Jenny flies across the room and bounces off the wall. The figure twists in mid air and bounces off the wall at Bucky. Bucky draws his blaster quickly, but it is grabbed by the figure and the barrel is bent easily. The figure quickly spins and sends Bucky flying across the room as well Dead Eye dives aside and pulls out his blasters. Suddenly there are two streaks of light from the figures fingers. The tips of Dead Eye’s blaster quickly melt to slag and he looks at the figure in disbelief. Dead Eye (shocked) ”He doesn’t even have a blaster!” The Figure slowly circles Dead eye, readying for the attack it is expecting. Suddenly the Engineering Bay door slams open and BRUISER stomps in. He sees the Figure circling Dead Eye. Bruiser (yelling) ”What’re ya doing wit’ my buddies!?” The Figure whirls around and sees the giant baboon charging it. It flips straight up into the air and lands on Bruiser’s shoulders. Bruiser quickly reaches up and catches a leg. He spins around and flings the figure against the nearest wall. The Figure slams into the wall and leaves a dent. It lands on its feet and lunges at Bruiser again. They end up locking into each other, neither really getting the upper hand in strength. Suddenly there is a blaster shot and the figure drops to the ground, limp. Bruiser sees Jenny holding Bucky’s blaster, with a new barrel, in her paw. Bruiser (looking at the figure) ”Did ya kill ‘im, Jenny? Jenny hands Bucky his blaster and walks up slowly. Jenny (quietly) ”No, just stunned him.” The figure begins moving slowly and tries to stand up. Bruiser quickly puts a large paw on its back and pushes it to the ground. Dead Eye brings over shackles and they quickly bind the figure. When it is fully bound, Bruiser rolls it over, so they can see its face. They all gasp in shock as they look at a human. Jenny (nodding) ”I thought he looked like a human, but Willy never said they could move like that!” Bucky (walking up) ”I am Captain Bucky O’hare of the S.P.A.C.E. frigate called the Valkyrie. Who and what are you?” Figure (quietly and gently) ”I am Cobra.” Bucky (nodding) ”Alright and what are you?” Cobra (confused) ”I am Cobra.” Bucky (confused) ”Cobra? What race is that?” Cobra (quietly) ”Not a race, a creation. I was once human.” Bucky looks at the human with a raised eyebrow. He motions Bruiser to move Cobra. Bruiser picks him up and sets him on a bench, hooking chains to his shackles. Jenny (looking at Cobra) ”What do we do with him?” Bucky (firmly) ”We hold him until we return to the temporary office of the UAC on Aldebaran. Let’s go.” Everyone nods and heads towards their places, except Bruiser, who watches the quiet human. Their eyes lock with each other. Cobra (quietly and gently) ”Next time we fight, I won’t hold back since I know you are strong enough to take me.” Bruiser nods and watches him in silence. Scene 3 UAC Headquarters Aldebaran CHAIRMAN Fritz warner looks up from his computer as he hears the door open. ALEXANDER walks in carrying some papers. Fritz (leaning back in his chair) ”So they have you doing messenger service here?” Alexander (nodding) “It is a job. I am still trying to deal with the discovery of my weapon and skills that were awaken during the retaking of Genus.” Fritz (nodding) ”That was two years ago though. I thought the Aldebarans would have had you leave by now.” Alexander (shrugging) ”The Queen and Princess seem to enjoy having me around. They have set it up for me to stay here as long as it takes.” Fritz nods and picks up the papers. He looks up as Alexander turns to leave. Fritz (curious) ”Out of curiosity, how are talks with that group that appeared and helped us out?” Alexander (turning around) ”You mean the one named Juno and his group?” (Fritz nods) ”They are going slow. It appears that there was a slight problem between them and the Sister Hood a long time ago. They have sent a representative to the castle on good faith though. Her name is Emerald, I have heard.” Fritz nods and returns to his paper work. Alexander turns to the door and leaves. At the Castle QUEEN KATRINA is listening in as Jenny fills her in on the incident, over a computer screen. Queen Katrina (nodding) ”I see. That is interesting. He says he used to be a human, but now refers to himself as a creation? Yes, bring him here. I wish to meet this *creation*.” Jenny (over the signal) ”Yes your Majesty.” The signal is severed and the Queen leans back in her chair. Queen Katrina (out loud) ”It is strange. First Lance is freed. Then that evil version of him and his oldest daughter show up. Now Lance is out in the Outer Rim and this Cobra shows up. What will happen next?’ Voice (calmly) ”Careful your Majesty, I have heard asking that question can lead to greater trouble.” Queen Katrina turns her head and sees BELLE rolling up to her in a wheel chair. Beside her is EMERALD, wearing her armor. Queen Katrina (shaking her head) ”I believe it is What else can go wrong , is the question I don’t want to ask, Sister Belle.” (she looks at Emerald) ”It is nice that you were able to make the appointment, Assassin Emerald.” Emerald nods gently and takes the seat before the Queen. Belle turns her chair and heads back out the door. Upper atmosphere Unseen by the satellites, a toad mother ship is slowly approaching the planet. Scene 4 The Valkyrie Bucky climbs up the ladder and squeezes into the cockpit. Jenny looks at him, waiting. Bucky (without looking at her) ”He hasn’t eaten anything. He hasn’t tried anything.” (he looks up at her) ”He hasn’t even asked to use a restroom. I’m not sure what kind of being he is, Jen?” Jenny (nodding) ”I know. He strikes me as a unique kind of life form, but I am not sure what. He barely even touched me as he leaped past me and sent me flying across the main cabin. Hell Buck, look what he did to yours and Dead Eye’s blasters! Even after Bruiser slammed him into he wall, he got back up like nothing was wrong, but all scans say he is human. There are small amounts of some form of metal in his body, but nothing else.” Bucky (nodding) ”It is weird. What is our arrival time on Aldebaran?” Jenny (looking at the controls) ”About fifteen minutes.” Suddenly the message light begins flashing rapidly. Down below Dead Eye is sitting in the gunner chair, facing Cobra. Dead Eye (working on his blasters) ”Have to admit, matey. You be one of the strangest ol’ Dead Eye here has seen or dealt with. How is it ye’ can throw energy blast from yer hands like that?” Cobra (gently and quietly) ”My internal arsenal is designed to handle many situation. Mostly urban combat and anti-personnel.” Dead Eye (looking at him) ”Internal Arsenal?” Cobra (nodding) ”I have my weapons built into my body. If you were going to disarm me, you would have to do it literally.” Dead Eye opens his mouth but stops as Bucky’s voice comes over the intercom. Bucky (ordering) ”All hands to battle stations! Toads invading Aldebaran! We’re cutting through the middle of it!” Dead Eye quickly spins his chair around as the cannon primes itself. On Aldebaran Toad Double Bubbles are all over the place, laying down maser fire everywhere. Toad Storm Troopers are shooting at Aldebarans and taking prisoners. UAC security soldiers are fighting back with Aldebaran soldiers, but they aren’t much of a match against the toads. Bucky surveys this as the Valkyrie is tearing a path through the double bubbles. Suddenly the frigate is rocked by a maser cannon fire. Bucky (quickly) ”Put her on the ground Jenny!” The frigate quickly lands and the crew starts towards the door. Cobra watches curious and catches Jenny’s eye. Cobra “What is going on?” Jenny (quickly) ”My world is being invaded! I don’t have time to talk!” Cobra (quickly) ”I can help you fight!” Jenny shakes her head and runs out the door, leaving it open and leaving him there. Cobra sighs gently and looks at the chains. Cobra (nodding) ”Seems to have a resemblance to a standard titanium link. Perhaps.” He begins studying the chain. Outside The crew is quickly pinned down by enemy fire. They keep firing back as they get the opportunities. Several Aldebaran children are running and screaming with toads chasing them. A young female trips and falls by the Valkeyrie. The toad runs up and aims his blaster rifle. Cobra can see this clearly from the open hatch. He watches as the toad pulls the trigger and the young girl’s screams are cut off abruptly. The toad laughs and turns to the fight. In the Valkyrie Cobra sits there watching in horrific awe at what he just saw. Cobra (quietly) “She was just a child.” Suddenly a new emotion begins growing inside of him. A feeling he hasn’t felt for years. It coursed through his body and crawled up his throat. His teeth began to clench as the emotion rose through him. His arms pulled against the chains and there were several creaking sound as he stood up. Links exploded and showered parts all over. The chains holding the shackles shattered as he ripped his arms free of their restraints. He storms towards the hatch. He places a hand on the side and looks down at the young girl’s body. He sees the shot was in her stomach. The emotion continued to grow inside of him. He could hear the computer in his head click into overdrive. Suddenly a digital read out appeared in his right eye. DIGITAL READ OUT (reads) ”System efficiency increased to eighty percent. Activating secondary servos.” Cobra raises his head and looks out over the battlefield as he gently steps down by the young girl. He looks down as he feels something gently grab his leg. It is the girl. Girl (weakly) ”Help me….please!” Cobra gently removes his shirt and gently wraps it around her stomach. He places her paw on her wound. Cobra (gently and quietly) ”Keep pressure here. I will get help here as soon as I can.” The girl nods and he stands up. He turns and darts into the battle. Scene 5 Aldebaran Palace Queen Katrina and Emerald are watching through a window at the battle. Emerald (quietly) ”This is bad. They caught you unprepared. I thought there were satellites in the upper atmosphere?” Queen Katrina (nodding) ”There are. They must have found a way to disable them.” They watch out the window and something catches both of their attentions at the same time. A tall figure, without a shirt and tanned skin racing across the battlefield. In the battlefield Cobra races across the battlefield and leaps into the air. He soars over a group of Aldebaran soldiers and slams into a group of toads. As he comes down, his anti-armor lasers fire through his heels and two toads immediately fall to the ground with their heads missing. He lands on top of the bodies and slams his fist into the chest of the next closest toad. The back of the toad explodes outward and its body streaks through the air. The other two stand there stunned at the sight and Cobra quickly grabs them, lifting up. He flings them in opposite directions and continues his charge towards the castle. Cobra (thinking as he runs) He streaks across the battlefield, with maser fire ripping through the air around him and explosion rocking the ground under his feet. As he approaches, Cobra sees the gates are closed. He doesn’t even slow down. He leaps and digs a foot into the gate, pushing upward. He shoots up and over the gate. He lands in a crouched position inside the gate and takes off towards the castle. The front doors exploded under the impact of his fist and he is inside the castle. He looks around and sees several females staring at him in shock. He spots a female wearing a nurse’s outfit. In a blur, Cobra grabs her and lifts her in his arms. He turns and streaks back out the door. The female screams in terror as he leaps back over the gate and races through the battlefield. In a mere few seconds, Cobra slides to a stop by the Valkyrie and sets the nurse by the young girl. The nurse looks a him and he points to the girl. She looks at the girl and realizes what he means. Cobra watches as she begins working on the child and turns to the battlefield. Cobra (hissing) ”Now to do what I was built to do!” With that, he lunges back into the battlefield, weapons primed. In the battlefield Bucky looks around as he hears several explosions. He sees the human from his shuttle darting in and out of areas and explosions quickly follow him. Bucky taps on Jenny’s shoulder and points it out to her. Jenny (stunned) ”I thought he was shackled!” Bucky just shrugs and shoots at toady nearby. The battle continues and the toads eventually begin to pull back. Cobra looks up as he hears a scream. He sees two storm toads pulling a teen age Aldebaran female into a double bubble. He begins running and the double bubble lifts off and begins racing away. Cobra quickly calculates a fast plan as he gives chase. In the Castle Emerald runs to the rooftop in time to hear a female scream and sees the teenager being pulled into the double bubble. She begins racing along the rooftop trying to keep up with it. On the ground Cobra races along the ground. He snatches an iron rod as he runs by a pile of rubble and a long chain. He threads the bar through a link and bends the bar around the link, quickly fashioning a fishing harpoon. As he runs, he throws the harpoon and it stabs into the double bubble. He grabs the chain and is yanked from the ground. He quickly begins climbing the chain. On the castle roof Emerald slides to a stop at the edge and watches as the double bubble moves out of her leaping range. Suddenly a harpoon jams into the bottom of the double bubble. Then to her surprise, the shirtless being is yanked up into the air on a chain under the double bubble and begins climbing up it. In the air Cobra quickly reaches the bottom of the double bubble. He grabs a hold of the gun turret and pulls himself up on the side. The air is whipping around him at high speeds as the double bubble is rising up. He quickly crawls across the top and approaches one of the bubbles on the top. He looks in and sees a toad looking back in shock. Cobra raises his hand and smashes it downward onto the bubble. The glass shatters and his fist caves in the toad’s face. He pulls back and crawls over to the other bubble. He sees the toad there, as well as the teenager. Again the glass is shattered. Instead of hitting the toad, Cobra gently grabs the teenager and pulls her out of the bubble. He gently scoops her up and leaps off the double bubble. They fall at high speeds and splash into a lake. Cobra quickly surfaces and checks the teenager. She coughs and spits water at him. Cobra (gently) ”Hold onto my neck.” He positions her on his back and she does as he says. He quickly swims to the shoreline and is met by several Aldebaran guards with weapons Two of them quickly help the teenager out of the water. The others keep their weapons trained on him. Another steps up and quickly shackles him and they lead him towards the castle. Scene 6 Toad Home world KOMPLEX and TOADBORG are watching a screen as a toad is giving a report on the attack. KOMPLEX (sinisterly( ”You say that a hairless baboon stopped your invasion of Aldebaran? Did he seem to be of the same races as the Duwitt human was?” Toad (nodding) ”Yes, might KOMPLEX. He seemed exactly like him, but performed stunts like that black furred Atlantean.” Komplex rotates a screen to Toadborg, as the signal is cut and the Toad’s image vanishes. KOMPLEX “What do you think, Toadborg?” Toadborg (rubbing his armored chin) ”We don’t know the full extent of Duwitt’s world and their technology. Perhaps this is a soldier from there. In any case, he needs to be exterminated as soon as possible.” KOMPLEX (evilly) ”Yes he does I am interested in knowing who he is as well.” (suddenly the monitor spins around and faces a dark hallway) ”I sense a power spike!” Voice (from the dark) ”Well now, you’re quick. The porthole shut down ten seconds ago and it took you this long?” A tall figure steps into the light. There is a sheen of metal along its body and several large weapons attached to it, ranging from pulse rifles to chain guns. On its forearms and shoulders are small rounded blocks. Its fingers end in gleaming claws and its hair is silver. Over its face is a death skull and the eyes shimmer red for a second before returning to a steel black. Toadborg (demanding) ”You are you and how did you get in here?” Figure (grinning, as a gatling gun swung into position) ”The name is Awik and that would be my *little* brother who interfered in your mission.” A monitor swings out on an arm and looks at Awik. KOMPLEX (sinisterly) ”Little brother?” Awik (nodding) ”Yeah, I am the prototype for what he is. I am also sent here to either bring him back or destroy him. It is my desire that he won’t come peacefully.” Toadborg (angrily) ”What kind of name is Awik?” Awik (sighing at the ignorance) ”It is what I am, rust for brains. It means Assault Weapons Interfaced Killer. Killing things is my primary design and job. My job doubles as my hobby.” KOMPLEX (nodding) ”I see and what can you tell us of the other one?” Awik (smiling) ”Cobra? It means Computer Operated Bodily Reflex Armament. He was supposed to be the improvement over me. He *hates* killing. He is a coward!” Komplex smiles evilly and the monitor slides around to Awik’s shoulder. KOMPLEX (smiling) ”Well Mr. Awik, I believe we can help each other out. We help you get to this Cobra and you wipe him out, so he can’t interfere in our plans anymore” Awik (raising an eyebrow) ”Join up with you? Why should I?” KOMPLEX (evilly) ”We will offer you troops to help, weapon upgrades, and assistance as needed. I see that this Cobra is powerful and I wouldn’t want excessive damage to come to an individual who has the same views of others as I do.” Awik stands there quietly for a few seconds. The gun swings around and locks into place and he smiles. Awik (smiling) ”Under one condition. I am allowed to kill anyone and everyone who gets in my way of getting to his hide. Is that agreed computer boy?” KOMPLEX (nodding) ”Yes and I am called KOMPLEX.” (motions to Toadborg) ”This is my right hand Toadborg.” (looks at Toadborg) ”Arrange a mother ship and help our new ally here complete his mission.” (looks at Awik) ”The way you can help us in destroying the UAC forever and in doing so, I assure you will get to kill more than enough mammals to satisfy your dark hobby’s hunger.” Awik (grinning evilly) ”That is going to be a tall order, KOMPLEX. My hobby is always hungry for new game.” They all start laughing Scene 7 Aldebaran Royl Palace Cobra is being lead down a hall. The guard in front of him opens a door and motions for him to enter. He steps in and finds himself in a large room. There is a bed, a couple of chairs, a couch, a desk, and a window with bars over it. Guard #1 (coldly) ”The Queen has ordered you to stay in this room. Guards will be sent to retrieve you when she is ready to speak with you.” Cobra nods and raises his shackled arms with a questioning look on his face. Guard #2 (sneering) ”You want them off? Then take them off!” Cobra (gently) ”Fair enough.” From his pinkies, twin beams of light slice through the shackles and they drop to the ground with a clang. Both Guards grab for their weapons and stop. Cobra steps into the room and takes a seat. The Guards step outside and shut the door. In the Throne room Emerald is listening to the Queen and the Head of the Combat Order talk. Head Of Combat (insistent) ”Your Majesty, he was able to tear through a toad double bubble with his bare hands! That and he is a male on top of it! Letting him live is a danger waiting to happen!” Queen Katrina (nodding) ”Yes, but he saved two Aldebaran Sisters, one of which was a young child, and assisted us in driving away the toads. He hasn’t committed a crime against our people.” Head OF Combat (agitated) ”Look what he did to the front doors! He could kill any of us with but a single blow!” Emerald (speaking up) ”She is right, your Majesty. His strength and skill seems unmatchable. I have talked to Master Jenny and she said he was able to match muscle power with a Betelgusian Berserker Baboon. He could pose a problem.” The other two look at her and the Head of Combat quickly nods in agreement. Queen Katrina (sighing) ”Then what do we do with him? None of our Sisters are good enough to stop him.” Emerald (walking up) ”If I may, put him under someone’s watch. True your sisters aren’t good enough, but as an Assassin, I am.” The Queen looks at her for a second and nods. She turns to two Guards. Queen Katrina (firmly) ”Bring the human before us.” The guards both bow and walk out A few minutes later, Cobra is lead through the door and stops before the Queen. Cobra (bowing) ”You wanted to see me?” Queen Katrina (studying him) ”Who are you exactly and what are you?” Cobra (quietly and gently) ”I am Cobra. I was once a human and trained shadow warrior. I am just now a creation made for war.” Emerald (curious) ”Shadow warrior?” Cobra looks over at her and stops. Her beauty shocking. Cobra (slowly) ”I am the last Izumi ninja. A shadow among the varying ninja clans.” Emerald nods and looks at the Queen. They begin talking, but Cobra doesn’t listen. He is studying Emrald. Cobra (thinking) ”By the ancient dragons, how can one who looks so much like an animal seem so beautiful? Every move she makes seems to waste nothing. It is almost like she has the ancient trainings herself!” He looks up as the Queen faces him. Queen Katrian (firmly) ”You will be placed under Emblem Assassin Emerald’s watch for the duration of her stay here. When it comes time for her departure, we will decide what to do with you then. Understood?” Cobra nods gently and bows to her again. The Queen turns to Emerald. Queen Katrina (firmly) ”Your care. I still want him in the medical facilities for a full examination! I want to know all I can about him, while he is here.” Emerald nods as well and turns to Cobra. Emerald (firmly) ”Let’s go.” She turns and walks out the door, with Cobra following her. They walk out into the hall and start down it. Emerald (as they walk) ”I have to admit, that was some nice moves out there during that fight. Why did you risk your neck to save the teenager through?” Cobra (gently) ”She was a child I was guessing and needed help Innocence should not be lost in war. It is unacceptable.” Emerald stops and faces him. She now studies him. His entire upper body is well toned with muscles standing out. She sees traces of fur on his right shoulder and studies his face. Emerald (thinking) ”Strange, he isn’t feline or even of the Aniverse, but he isn’t ugly either. Actually, he is kind of attractive.” (out loud) ”For someone designed to be a warrior, you have extremely caring views.” Cobra (nodding) ”Doctor Ochra was kind enough to leave me with my feelings and memories. My ancient training says to always protect the innocent.” Emerald nods and they start walking down the hall. Emerald “Ancient Trainings? You mean Izumi, right?” Cobra (nodding) ”Yes, the ancient arts of the Ninja. Learn to strike swiftly, silently, and surely. To not be seen and your presence felt, after you have already left. We walk in the shadows and study the world around us.” Emerald (nodding) ”I see. Hard training?” Cobra (nodding) ”Yes, our training begins shortly after we begin walking. We train intensely on our body, minds, and soul. Our training gives us extreme control over our bodies.” (looks down sadly) ”But that will die with me and I have abandon the trainings with the C.O.B.R.A. project.” Emerald looks over at him and stops him. Emerald (curious) ”Why is that?” Cobra (quietly) ”I have taken up using technology to further my skills. It will die with me, for I don’t have anyone to pass the Teachings onto.” Emerald (quietly) ”I watched your moves out there and trust me, no amount of technology will allow you to move like that. No technology will allow you to decide to protect the innocent like you did out there.” Cobra looks up at her and nods gently. They turn and walk through the door into the medical facilities. Scene 8 Aldebaran Royla Palace, night fall Emerald walks into the room that she has been given while watching Cobra. He is right behind her and shuts the door. Emerald walks over and drops into a chair. Cobra simply stands near the door. Emerald looks up and sees him standing there. Emerald (pointing to a chair) ”Sit down. You don’t need to act like you are on guard duty all the time.” Cobra nods and walks over to the middle of the room. He sits on the floor and crosses his legs and relaxes. Emerald watches him and nods. Emerald (thinking) (out load) ”So, do you have any questions you would like me to answer?” Cobra (looking at her) ”Am I the only human in this dimension?” Emerald (after thinking for a second) ”To my knowledge yes. I have heard of another one named Willy Duwitt, but I haven’t seen him. May I ask a question?” (Cobra nods and waits) ”What is your real name? What did your mom or dad call you?” Cobra (quietly) ”I don’t remember my real name, but they always called me by Angel. I am not sure why.” Emerald watched him as he talked and smiled. Emerald (thinking) Emerald stands up and stretches. Emerald (yawning) ”Well, we should get some sleep.” (looks at Cobra) ”You do sleep, right?” Cobra (nodding) ”My system has been modified to sleep for four hours every seventy-two hours.” Emerald (shaking her head) ”Well, you can stay in this room then. My system gets cranky if I don’t sleep eight hours every twenty-four hours.” Cobra nods and continues to sit silently as Emerald walks into the next room. Upper atmosphere A toad mother ship is slowly lowering into orbit. Awik is standing on the bridge watching out a porthole. The mother ship lowers down through the clouds and he sees the palace. He smiles at the sight and stops a toad walking by. Awik (pointing out the window) ”What kind of creatures live here?” Toad (after a second) ”This is the homeworld of the Aldebaran cats. Bunch of witches basically. Spell casting and all that crap.” Awik (nodding) ”Cat’s, eh? I had a cat once.” (smiles evilly as he looks at the toad) ”You know it isn’t true what they say about cats.” Toad (confused) ”What is that>?” Awik (chuckling) ”They don’t have nine lives and they don’t always land on their feet.” The toad chuckles as he walks off. Awik walks up to the command station. The Head Pilot is standing there. Head Pilot (nodding to him) ”Any suggestions on how we want to start this, sir?” Awik looks at the command screen and nods. He places his hands on the target controls. He quickly works the controls and the screen targets the palace main doors. Awik (smiling) ”Let’s start with a firm knocking.” In the Palace Cobra is in deep meditation. He is suddenly shook violently and looks around. Emerald dashes out of her room in her sleep wear and looks around. Emerald (quickly) ”That sounded like a maser cannon!” Cobra rises to his feet and heads towards the window. He looks out and sees the Mother ship. What his eyes focus on is the lone figure standing right below it, laughing at the sight of the palace doors. Cobra (horror in his voice) ”It can’t be! He’s supposed to be destroyed!” Emerald (pulling on her armor) ”Who?” Cobra (truning to her) ”Awik!” Scene 9 Palace Gates Awik is standing there laughing like a maniac. Awik (laughing) ”Attention all kitties! This is your vet calling! I believe there is a mild epidemic in starting here! I would recommend a complete sterilization of the entire planet!” He throws his head back and laughs more as the mother ship fires a few more shots at the castle, blowing holes in the walls. Guards begin pouring out of the main door and Awik watches, as twin gatling guns swing into position. The barrels begin rapidly spinning and super heated plasma begins firing, tipping through Aldebaran flesh like paper. He begins a steady sweep of the area, cutting down the guards as they come through the door. Upper Floors Cobra is running down the hall with Emerald. Suddenly the wall beside them explode and they are tossed to the ground. Cobra bounces up and looks through the hole. He sees Awik cutting through the guards like they were standing still. Emerald struggles to her feet and sees this as well. Emerald (gasping) ”He’s butchering them!” Cobra grits his teeth and feels the anger swelling in him again. Cobra (screaming in fury) ”AWIK!!!!” Without even thinking, Cobra leaps out of the hole into a free fall of ten stories. Emerald just stands there stunned. Down below Awik looks up as he hears someone yell his name. He sees a figure flip out of a hole and drop to the ground. The gatling guns snap back in to position and he smiles. Awik (smiling) ”Aww, little brother wants to play with me!” He turns and takes a step towards where he saw Cobra fall. An Aldebaran runs up to him with an iron bar, but he snaps his fist back and crushes her face in and sends her flying backward. He begins running towards Cobra, who is running towards him. They both leap up and perform crescent kicks as they fly past each other. They land and spin around to each other. Cobra (seething with rage) ”You butcher! Killing all those innocent feliniods!” Awik (sneering back) ”Aww give me a break already! You act like you are married to one of them!” They lunge at each other. Cobra slams his fist into Awik’s armored chest and Awik backhands him across the face. They both fly apart again. Awik (hopefully) ”I guess this means you won’t come peacefully?” With a snarl, Cobra lunges again at Awik. Inside the Palace Emerald is running down the stairs. She runs out the front door and sees Cobra throw Awik across the courtyard. Awik smashes into the wall and it crumbles around him. The pile shifts and he stands up, wiping some dust off his face. Emerald slides to a stop and stares in shock. Cobra rushes forward and leaps at him again, Awik dives aside as there is a flash of light and a chunk of rock evaporates into dust. Cobra lands and Awik spins around and catches him in the jaw with a savage spin kick. Cobra flies across the courtyard and smashes through the wall by the main door. Showering Emerald in dust from the impact. He quickly gets up and prepares to charge again. Suddenly Awik raises his forearm and a micro missile is launched from the rounded box on his forearm. Cobra quickly rotates his body in mid air and the missile flies under him, missing by centimeters. It explodes on the wall. Emerald (diving to the side) ”Stars! What are these two and how the frell are they carrying so much firepower!” Cobra bounces up from his landing position and turns to Awik, who is laughing. Awik (laughing) ”Damn! Forgot how strong those are! Woo-hoo! That was loud!” He focuses on Cobra, in time for Cobra to land a savage uppercut into his jaw. Awik flies up and backward through the air. He comes crashing down on a small tree. His armor shatters the tree on impact and he falls to the ground. He gets up again and shakes his head. Awik (grumbling) ”Damn, that almost knocked out my fillings!” He ducks to the side as Cobra’s foot smashes downward. Awik quickly kicks up ward and lands a solid kick into Cobra’s groin, launching him through the air. He crashes down by a section of wall. Awik quickly aims both of the forearm boxes and fire. Two missiles shoot across the courtyard and blow out the base of the wall. It collapse downward and quickly buries Cobra. Emerald quickly runs over and tries moving the rocks. Emerald (calling out) ”Cobra! Answer me!” Suddenly an armored plated clawed hand grabs her wrist and spins her around. She finds herself face the metal death skull face of Awik. Awik (smiling) ”Well now. The pretty little kitty seems to like him a lot. I got plans for you, pretty kitty!” The last thing Emerald sees is a syringe slide out of his forefinger claw and stab into her wrist. Then she quickly blacks out. Scene 10 Aldebaran palace, several hours later Digital Read Out (reading) ”Internal damaged repaired. Systems now working at ninety percent. Activating secondary arsenal and dermal inserts.” Outside Several Aldebarans are cleaning up the rubble from the battle. None of them had touched the pile that landed on Cobra. Jenny and Belle are standing before it. Belle (quietly) ”He fought like nothing we had seen before. Master Jenny. It came down to a cheap shot. Now, the attacker has Emerald as a prisoner on a toad mother ship and this pile seems to be all that is left of Cobra.” Jenny (quietly) ”This isn’t going to help the peace talks between us and Juno’s group. We nee-“ Suddenly Jenny is cut off as the pile begins to shit. She quickly casts a barrier spell and the pile explodes outward, showering the nearby area with rock shards and dirt. Cobra is standing in the middle, clothing torn and several small cuts all over. Cobra (seething with rage) ”Where is he?!” Jenny (calmly) ”The attacker has left.” Cobra looks around and notices something. Cobra (hint of concern) ”Where is Assassin Emerald?” Belle (lowering her head) ”He took her as a prisoner. We aren’t sure why though.” Cobra looks around and Jenny sees a hint of sadness in his eyes. Jenny (concerned) ”What is it?” Cobra (quietly) ”He took her to use as a pawn against me. He knew that attack wouldn’t kill me, because of my skeletal structure reinforcement.” He turns to the Palace and begins walking towards it. Two guards step in his way and he simply shoves them aside like they were rag dolls. He marches into the Throne room. A couple of Royal guards drew their swords. There were two streaks of light and the blades fell from their handles. Queen Katrian looks up shocked as Cobra walks up to stand before the Throne. Queen Katrian (stunned) ”You’re alive?!” Cobra (nodding) ”Yes and seeing as you’re the highest ranking individual here, I seek your permission to hunt down Awik and recover Emerald!” Queen Katrina (thinking) (out loud) ”Very well, but I don’t have any troops to spare to send with you. Fortunately, I do know someone who can help you out, but it will take her a little bit to get here. Cobra (nodding) ”I understand. Please hurry, your Majesty.” He bows and walks outside. The Queen turns to the small console beside her and punches a few buttons. On Atlantis Allura yaws and stretches in her bed. She feels Andrew laying beside her, with his wings draped over her, like a blanket. She gently slides out from under his wing and sits up. She pulls on a robe and stands up. She stretches again and turns around to the door, just as the comm. station beeps at her. Grumbling she walks over and sits down. She hits the button and tries to stifle a yawn as Queen Katrina appears on the screen. Allura (trying not to yawn) ”Your Majesty! What can I do for you?” Queen Katrina (smiling) ”Hope I’m not interrupting anything.” Allura (shaking her head) ”No, just woke up.” Queen Katrina (nodding) ”I would call your dad, but he is to far out and I need some assistance now. Are you and your male friend available?” Allura (nodding) ”For the Throne of Aldebaran, we are always available. What do you need?” Queen Katrian (smiling) ”We are in a hostage situation with an alien being who has a representative hostage. We have another alien being who wishes to hunt the other, but I want him to travel with some back up. Your dad is to far out in the Outer Rim, so that leaves you. Get to Aldebaran as soon as you can.” Allura (nodding) ”Of course your Majesty, right away.” The Queen nods and the signal is stopped. Allura walks over and gently touches Andrew’s cheek. He snaps awake and looks up at her. Andrew (muttering) ”Morning already?” Allura (gently) ”We need to go. Queen Katrina needs a paw.” Andrew nods and sits up, yawning. Andrew (muttering) ”This better be worth getting woke up from a nice dream that involved you.” Allura just shakes her head and smiles. On Aldebaran Cobra is standing outside the door watching the horizon. Jenny walks up and stands by him. Jenny (gently) ”I’m sure she will be alright.” (looks at him) ”Are you going to be alright?” Cobra (quietly) ”It is happening again. I am being forced to take on that title again, to save a lady. I pray this turns out better than the last one did.” Jenny (curious) ”Title? What title?” Cobra (looking at her as the sun sets) ”The title of Fallen Angel, Bringer of Death.” Jenny swallows as the sun’s ray play across his face, turning his eyes a shade of crimson red. He turns to the sunset and waits. TO BE CONTINUED IN “Let’s Get Ready to Crumble”